Sunday, September 30, 2012

EDLD 5326: Action Research Plan- Progress Report

Since leaving the traditional classroom setting, and going into my current position. I had to change my action research from what I originally planned it to be. This was primarily because I wanted it to be about something I can currently relate to. I recently decided I would like to try to publish my AR once it is completed. I believe not many people know about the different types of services school districts may offer. In particular, like my department, we service a very special and unique population in our school district. The student population on our campus attends school in non-traditional settings throughout the city of Houston. Thus, it calls for innovative technological approaches when instruction is being carried out. I am in the process of finding more research to utilize in my AR. I also need to represent my action plan to my mentor and principal because of some changes that were made. At the beginning of the year I was able to get data to use in my AR paper that pertained to my topic. So I also need to try to compare data with previous years from our department. I also, recently contacted Dr. Jenkins regarding my AR. It was reassuring to know that the ETL professors are going to assist me as much as they can to help me reach my goal to get my AR published. Other than that, I am making progress and I look forward to finding more research and things that will benefit my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment