Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 5 Reflection

As we come to a close, this course has provided great in sight of the Action Research Process to me. This particular process was new to me; I was unfamiliar with the the process prior to this course. The books, lectures, blogs, and discussion forums have been a great additive throughout this entire duration of the course and to me as I start my own Action Research Process.


Leading with Passion and Knowledge: The Principal as Action Researcher” by Nancy Dana Fichtman and “Examining What We Do to Improve Our Schools: 8 Steps from Analysis to Action” by Sandra Harris, Stacey Edmonson, and Julie Combs were the two required texts we used throughout the course. Both books contained a plethora of information on everything about conducting action research. The assignments which integrated the information from the classroom texts with my action research inquiry were useful in that they allowed me to put into practice the theory being read.

Another thing I have benefited from is blogging. Reading and participating in discussions in my classmates' blogs allowed me to pick up other things that I may have missed. At the same time, it allowed my fellow classmates to recommend suggestions for my action research plan. The discussion boards for this course also contributed to the exchange of relevant ideas.

In closing, I have found this course to be helpful and relevant to my professional career, and one that has certainly enriched my professional life. The texts also are great references that I will continue to utilize in and out my masters program. I learn a lot from the professors and took a great deal in from my classmates as well. I am more confident in the action research process prior to the start of this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment